Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fresh Start by Doug Fields

Have you ever walked so far in the wrong direction that you thought you would never find your way back. For most people the answer is probably no, but what about spiritually? Have you ever or are you currently at the point where you feel like you have gone so far off course that not even God can find you? If so, then you have found the right book.
This book is written for people who have messed up in many areas- whether someone has just scraped his or her spiritual knee, or has gone extremely away from God. In its pages are keys, tools, incite, and personal stories that bring the revelation of God's never-stopping, always-enduring,
second-chance plan to the forefront of minds.
This book brings a fresh look to timeless principles. I really enjoyed the first couple of chapters, but as I continued to read I found myself predicting what I was about to read just by reading the title of the chapter. As I said earlier “Fresh Start” might be a new book but the principles in the book have been around for a while. I found myself a little bored while reading it; however, Fields does bring something to the table that separates this book from all the other books on this subject- and that's his incredible ability to use his outstanding sense of humor. Although I found it a little boring, I do highly recommend this book (above all the other similar books I've read) to anyone that is struggling and needing a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment